Oldenburg Coach Stallion, Landessohn, owned by C. E. Stubbs, Fairfield, Iowa, 1893, picture.
Fairfield lawyer D. P. Stubbs & his sons imported and bred Oldenburg coach and heavy draft horses on “the old Bayard Farm,” 400 acres of which they purchased in 1885. Part of the “old Bayard Farm” is now Chautauqua Park.
“The American “Oldenburg Coach Horse Association” has been recently organized (C. E. Stubbs, Fairfield, Iowa, secretary), and after some trials and tribulations in the way of suits and restraining injunctions, is now fairly launched before the public.” — Horses, cattle, sheep and swine, by George Washington Curtis, 1893, The Rural Publishing Co., pg. 40.