Schoolhouse at Agricultural Fairgrounds

September 9, 2011

Fairfield Township’s Elm Grove school house (School District No. 4) was built in 1866 near the Brookville Road in Fairfield, Iowa, and moved in 1962 to the Jefferson County Agricultural Fairgrounds. Here Gloria Countryman gives directions to the historic one-room school house’s original site, and provides a glimpse of the school house in its new location. Open to the public during special events.

Previous post:

Next post: